Sad to read about the passing of Phoebe Snow. She had a hit single with Paul Simon called Gone At Last, but she was only 58 or 60, depending on which obit one reads.
Apparently, there really ARE 5000 questions, but this guy only did 100, at least here, so I’ll do the same. Moreover, only 25 at a time.
1. Who are you?
Not as mysterious as I think myself to be, yet not as much of an open book as others perceive me to be. And you thought I’d go with The Who reference, didn’t you?
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
I get bored easily if I’m doing the same thing, so I always need to change it up. I generally DO know where things are on my desk, so if I clean it, I’ll probably file away something important. I see and hear many things as music and numbers, even if you don’t.
3. When you aren’t filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
Being a business librarian, blogging, doing the domestic thing with wife and daughter.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn’t like at the time).
LOVED math through trig, history, American government and politics. HATED calculus, statistics, anything that involved rote memorization.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
Get closer to retirement, monetarily.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
I’m OK where I am. That said, I’ve never been that good at predicting the future, especially my own.
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
Eternally on the precipice.
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
Oh, crap. (About a news story.)
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
You’ve Got To Have Heart from Damn Yankees.
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
No. Most, but not all.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
Rainy days and Mondays seldom get me down. Doesn’t really affect much.
15. Which is worse…losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
No contest -losing your luggage.
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
Both deceased. I was fine with each of them at the end.
Will you miss them when they are gone?
They are. I do.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
I’m of the opinion that I am moreso than most other people, who seem to be oblivious to their surroundings. I’ll give you a very recent example: there was a woman getting out of the back seat of a cab, while holding a toddler. I thought she might need assistance getting out, though the cabbie was unaware. I asked, she said yes, and I let her pull herself up, using my arm as a support. She thanked me, but at the same time, she thought the driver should have picked up on this.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
Life isn’t always fair.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A lawyer or a minister. I am neither.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
A bunch of times.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I see myself as a giver, but that could be ego.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
It’s a tossup among root canal, my broken rib, and a toe infection that nearly killed me (literally).
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
It involved affairs of the heart.
25. Who have you hugged today?
My wife and daughter. And maybe you, if you were around.