From the New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute
CAMPAIGN FAST FACTS:
· Free HIV Home Test Giveaway for all eligible participants
o Test technology: OraQuick® in-home HIV self-test (oral fluid)
§ For additional information related to the HIV in-home test click here.
· Campaign dates: May 24th through July 7, 2017
· All campaign messages and participant communication are available in English and Spanish
· NYSDOH will advertise on the NYSDOH Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr pages, on the Gay Ad Network, and via geosocial mobile apps (e.g., Grindr, Scruff).
· All New York State residents that meet the eligibility criteria are able to get a free test
o Eligibility is determined by self-reported characteristics of the following criteria:
§ Gay men, MSM, and transgender or other-gender people who have sex with men
§ 18 years and older
§ Never been diagnosed with HIV
§ Reside in NYS, excluding the 5 boroughs for the NYS giveaway
o If participants are determined to be ineligible they will be referred to the NYSDOH AI website where there will be additional resources and information related to HIV testing.
· All eligible participants will be sent a follow-up survey via email
o The survey should take about 10 to 15 minutes to complete
o The survey asks about:
§ Experiences with the home HIV test
§ Sex life and other behaviors
§ Experiences with HIV prevention medicine (PrEP/PEP)
o All participants who complete the follow-up survey are eligible for an incentive
§ $20 Amazon e-gift card
§ One card per email address
§ Emailed out to participants at the end of the campaign with instructions on how to redeem
CONFIDENTIALITY is key to the HHTG team:
o Participation is voluntary
o Data collected will be strictly protected and kept confidential throughout the project period
o All identifying information, including the participant’s email address for receiving the electronic gift card, will be destroyed once the project comes to an end
o NYSDOH staff will not share identifying information with anyone
o By completing and submitting the online survey, participants are giving consent to participate in the evaluation survey and for the information provided to be used for evaluation purposes.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact Meg Johnson- email@example.com or Sue Flavin – firstname.lastname@example.org or (518)473-8043 or email email@example.com.